Pages

Friday, November 16, 2012

Freestyle Ghazal


I shall play at poetry!  Wordy in the morning.
I shall brew the coffee at 3.30 in the morning!

I shall shower and get dressed, yea verily, forsooth
(Unless I want to be dirty in the morning)!

I shall banter with the lady neighbours over doughnuts;
I shall make them laugh! What, me flirty in the morning?

I shall contend with tendonopathy
And a slight backache, see? Hurty in the morning.

I shall tap out a sonata on the laptop keyboard:
Marvel at my proficiency! QWERTY in the morning!

Perhaps I shall repeat myself like old Miss Stein,
From here to infinity!  Gertie in the morning!

I shall impersonate a 19th-century poetess
Sipping (delicately) her tea in the morning.

It's chilly now, but the sun will make it warmer;
November foliage, ah! real "purty" in the morning.

MC Tommy Def, grand master of freestyle,
Are you anything but white and nerdy in the morning?

No comments:

Post a Comment

In the Silverware Drawer After Dark

The steak knives are playing the Ramones at full blast. The salad forks are dancing with the teaspoons to the tune of "Come On, Ei...