Pages

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Need You Tonight

An ardent, plaintive cry: I need you tonight ...
The hot south wind has bansheed you tonight.

Champion of the musha'irah, bravest Shahid,
What lyric young Turk will supersede you tonight?

Haranguer I can overtake, claimed Emily:
Mad demagogues bully and screed you tonight.

Insatiable yen for old-school poesy,
With stately sonnets I shall feed you tonight.

Money changes everything. Can it buy Love?
Demoiselle rich and single, I greed you tonight.

Intolerant tutors counseling tolerance,
Do you expect anyone to heed you tonight?

The voice of Conscience, virtuous seductress,
Says, "Follow me wherever I lead you tonight."

Vespers in Rome. At Santa Maria Maggiore,
Lord of heaven, they glory and creed you tonight.

O Canada, large land of rowdy ridings,
I'll visit Calgary and stampede you tonight.

Our hearts pulsate in passion's turgid ocean:
Poisson d'avril, I've deep-sea'd you tonight!

Illegible bachelor, pitiable wit,
Defeated laureate--who'll read you tonight?

No comments:

Post a Comment

In the Silverware Drawer After Dark

The steak knives are playing the Ramones at full blast. The salad forks are dancing with the teaspoons to the tune of "Come On, Ei...